Business Development Intern
We are currently seeking Business Development Interns to join our vision as we build our relationships with small businesses and nonprofits nationwide.
Our core product is the development of native mobile apps. We give our mobile apps to nonprofits at no out of pocket cost. Small businesses buy our mobile apps and sponsor the ones we provide to nonprofits. If you are looking for a great place to gain excellent work experience while helping an amazing team of motivated professionals to excel in the world of small business, come join us at Tourbillon!
This is a virtual internship allowing for great flexibility—work when you want, how you want, and even where you want! In addition, you can start immediately or arrange your start date in advance as we have flexible start/stop dates! We work with interns all year long. Generally our internships run approximately 10 hours a week for 15 weeks.
This internship allows great opportunity for every intern to gain excellent work and learning experiences to help launch their career. Each intern will be placed with a member of our senior management team. At Tourbillon, we value team building and mentorship. Through this process, interns will improve their skills and knowledge to enhance their resume and increase their marketability.
To further show our dedication to the success of our interns, each intern is given the chance to receive guidance in exploring their professional goals throughout the course of the internship, if they wish. In addition, we aid you in developing your professional network and skill profile, guaranteeing enhanced marketability. These opportunities will give every individual the experience and confidence to continue down a path of success in their future career goals.
Upon completion of the internship, those who displayed excellent work and capabilities will receive a superior letter of recommendation from the President and CEO of the company. Everything created by the intern (that is not confidential) will go into their professional portfolio.
We will encourage you to grow and develop as you:
- Analyze our company’s mobile app product to gain a firm understanding of our goals, capabilities, and markets
- Share our core product with small businesses and nonprofits in your area by visiting them, emailing them, or calling them
- Help create new ways to enhance our public image and bring more attention to our innovative products
- Engage in collaborative work with other interns and team members to develop new concepts and possibilities for future projects and product/service offerings
- Take part in the creation of ideas and development of sales presentations and scripts for potential clients/partners and networking referral sources
- Attend weekly virtual meetings with supervisor to discuss progress of work and future goals
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- Creativity in developing new marketing and business ideas
- Passion for marketing and sales
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with all technology tools including email, MS Office, and the internet
- Willingness to learn new user friendly software
- Ability to work independently while still being a team player
- Excellent time management skills
- Attendance at weekly phone meetings
- Punctuality, reliability, and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment with new possibilities
- Own or have access to a computer and internet service—tablet computer and Wi-Fi encouraged
This internship is unpaid but the knowledge and opportunity is priceless (see above). Candidate may receive school credit upon request.
Join Our Winning Team
If you're a great fit, we will email you a link to schedule an interview with us. At that time, we will also include our application for you to complete and return prior to the interview.