We are currently seeking Business Writing Interns to join our vision as we build relationships with small businesses nationwide. You will be part of a team whose mission is to raise our organizations awareness within the small business community via business writing, creation of tip sheets and publications. Our expanding product and service offerings range from mobile websites and digital signage to specialized training for improving membership ROI and a mobile app for membership organizations. If you are looking for a great place to gain excellent work experience, build a portfolio of work, while also helping an amazing team of motivated professionals excel in the world of small business, come join us at Tourbillon Alliance Partners!
This is a virtual internship allowing for great flexibility – work when you want, how you want and even where you want! In addition you can start immediately or arrange your start date in advance as we have flexible start / stop dates! We work with interns all year long. Generally our internships run approximately 10 hours a week for 15 weeks.
This internship allows great opportunity for every intern to gain excellent work and learning experiences to help launch their career. Each intern will be placed with a member of our senior management team, because at Tourbillon, we value team building and mentorship. Through this process, interns will improve their skills and knowledge to enhance their resume and increase their marketability.
To further show our dedication to the success of our interns, each intern is given the chance to receive guidance in exploring their professional goals throughout the course of the internship, if they wish. In addition, we aid you in developing your professional network and skill profile, guaranteeing enhanced marketability. These opportunities will give every individual the experience and confidence to continue down a path of success in their future career goals.
Upon completion of the internship, those who displayed excellent work and capabilities will receive a superior letter of recommendation from the President and CEO of the company. Everything created by the intern (that is not confidential) will go into their professional portfolio.
We will encourage you to grow and develop as you:
- Analyze Tourbillon’s core products to gain a firm understanding of our goals, competitiveness and target markets
- Work closely with clients and others on the team to gather writing ideas
- Write promotional articles, tip sheets, etc. about our products and services for both publication through media channels and to be given away as tip sheets via various marketing channels.
- Conduct market research to keep the articles for publication informative and interesting
- Liaise with clients and publishers and be prepared to rewrite or revise work (often several times) following feedback
- Ensure company presence is always kept favorable and effective in reaching out to the public
- Maintain good time management and work to tight deadlines
- Attend weekly virtual meetings with supervisor to discuss progress of work and future goals
You bring to the table:
- Motivation and enthusiasm.
- Creativity in developing new marketing and business ideas.
- Passion for social media and business writing.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with all technology tools including email, MS Office, Internet
- Willing to learn new user friendly software
- Able to work independently while still being a team player
- Strong desire to pay close attention to detail
- Efficient time management skills
- Attend the weekly meetings with supervisor
- Punctuality, reliability, and ability to adapt to an ever- changing environment with new possibilities
- Own or have access to a computer and Internet service – tablet computer and Wi-Fi encouraged
This internship is unpaid but the knowledge and opportunity is priceless (see above). Candidate may receive school credit upon request.
Is this you? Submit your resume here. Once reviewed, we will email you a link to schedule an interview with us.
If you are still not convinced that Tourbillon is the right place for you, please check our list of “What interns are saying about us!”