Tourbillon Alliance Partners (www.tourbillonalliance.com) specializes in building mobile applications for nonprofits and small businesses. These native applications deliver to the organizations both Quick Impact and High Return. For local/community based nonprofits, we provide the mobile apps to them for FREE. We then solicit sponsorships from the businesses and individuals in the community surrounding the nonprofit. Contributions above a certain amount can have the business listed as an app sponsor. Our Business Development Interns help us provide advertising exposure for the nonprofit mobile app sponsors.
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION – Note: There is a sales component with this internship!
Calling all students or individuals with marketing/sales background! We are looking for motivated and energetic individuals looking to gain relevant experience in sales and marketing while working with a dynamic team within our rapidly growing company. The ideal intern will be enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. The intern will perform his/her responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent to Tourbillon Alliance Partner’s mission, vision, and values.
You’ll be coming in on the ground floor and get the virtual, inside view of what it looks like to grow a multi-million dollar business. If you are looking for a great place to GAIN EXCELLENT WORK EXPERIENCE, while also helping an amazing team of motivated professionals excel in the world of small business, come join us at Tourbillon!
For local/community based nonprofits, we provide a mobile application at no cost to them. We build the app and then find sponsors in the local community to cover the cost. You will be assisting us in finding sponsors for these apps—among local businesses and individuals as well as in the college community (fraternities, sororities, clubs, teams, etc.). We accept financial support in any denomination. Contributions above a certain amount can have the business listed as an app sponsor. This provides advertising exposure for the sponsor.
- Reach out to local businesses, influencers, and individuals in your community to garner financial support of our product for a specific nonprofit
- Reach out to fraternities, sororities, club, teams, etc. at your school to garner financial support for our product for a specific nonprofit
- Once you prove yourself, you can help grow our team. You can even lead a team of your peers on other campuses while earning a sales commission off their efforts—in addition to commissions you earn off your effort
- Help create new ways to enhance our public image and bring more attention to our innovative products
- Engage in collaborative work with other interns and team members to develop new concepts and possibilities for future projects and product/service offerings
- Take part in the creation of ideas and development of sales presentations and scripts for potential clients/partners and networking referral sources
- Demonstrated passion for marketing and sales
- The ability and willingness to reach out to people you don't know, share an idea with them, and then ask them to support it financially
- The ability to handle rejection, such as when a prospective sponsor/client is not interested in our offering.
- Creativity in developing new marketing and business ideas
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with all technology tools including email, MS Office, and the internet
- Willingness to learn new user friendly software
- Ability to respond to emails in a quick and efficient time period
- Ability to work independently while still being a team player
- Excellent time management skills
- Punctuality, reliability, and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment with new possibilities
- Background/knowledge or completion of courses in marketing/sales preferred—but not required
- Preference is given to current or graduated students majoring in marketing, entrepreneurial studies, or related programs.
This internship allows great opportunity for every intern to gain beneficial work and learning experience. Every intern is placed with a member of our senior management team because at Tourbillon, we value team building and mentorship. Through this process, interns will improve their skills and knowledge to enhance their resume and be able to market their skills. Upon completion of the internship, those who displayed excellent work and capabilities will receive a superior letter of recommendation from the President and CEO of the company. Our team is committed to the success of each of our interns; therefore, they are given the chance to receive guidance in exploring their professional goals throughout the course of the internship if they wish. This opportunity will give every individual the experience and confidence to lead a path to success in their future career goals.
INTERNSHIP LOCATION & TIME
This is a virtual internship! Interns will work from home or any location that has an Internet connection! Generally, our internships are 10 hours a week for 15 weeks. If you want more hours, we can be flexible. Our internships run all year long, so you can start whenever you desire.
This internship is paid by commission only. You will be paid a generous portion of the sponsorships and contributions we collect for each nonprofit that you are working with.
Is this you? Submit your resume here. Once reviewed, we will email you a link to schedule an interview with us.
If you are still not convinced that Tourbillon is the right place for you, please check our list of “What interns are saying about us!”